Wednesday 2 December 2009

MFT December Shop & Hop!

Welcome to my stop along the MFT Shop and Hop! You should have come here by way of Cindy's blog. If not, you definitely want to start at the beginning - Kim's blog.

For my project I was just itching to use the two Pure Innocence girls that I hadn't inked up yet. As I was trying to decide what to do, I spotted a couple of canvases that I picked up at the Michael's dollar bins. They're about 5x5" and they originally had a picture on them that you were supposed to color in with paint. I had always meant to use these in my daughter's room - so I decided to make her a couple of wall hangings.

For the first one I used Fairy Girl. I stitched her some ground to stand on with some DCWV Nana's Nursery paper. I also paper pieced her dress. Her wand has an adorn-it in the middle and her wings and pom poms on her shoes are covered with glitter. Everything is mounted on some Doodlebug sugar coated cardstock and surrounded by Doodlebug paper frills.


For the second one I used Heart Stripes. I stitched together some panels of the same patterned paper and also paper pieced her dress. She's so adorable!!

These new Pure Innocence girls and all the new sets are available now in the MFT store! Last month the PI's sold out fast so you need to be quick if you want to see them in your mailbox!

Don't forget that there's blog candy hidden somewhere along the hop! Where? you ask? I'm not telling! So I'd suggest you leave a comment at each stop for the best chance of winning!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Now it's time to hop over and see the fabulous project that Michele has in store for you! I know you'll be blown away!

30 comments:

Jaymerz said...

Kerry they are ADORABLE!!

StampOwl said...

how precious!!!!!!!

Barbara said...

Just darling, Kerry!!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh how cute!!!!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh my -- these are so sweet, Kerry!

Erin Smetak said...

Oh Kerry, these are SO awesome!!!! I love them!!!

Brenda said...

These are so gorgeous. Great stuff!! cute images.

Chris said...

they are totally adorable.
It's good to see someone else found something in the dollar bin.

Megan said...

Are you kidding me?!!? The paper piecing is perfect and these are DARLING! I love them. Seriously. Awesome.

Crafty Math Chick said...

I LOVE the colors you used! They are bright, but not 'too bright'. Perfect for any lucky girl's room!

g said...

amazing!! what a lovely idea for your daughter's room- now i may have to make some too! so sweet!

Melody said...

I love these Kerry! Such a cute idea, wonderful colors, and will look great in your daughters room. I come to your blog and think, "Why didn't I think of that!".

JaneT said...

I just love these wee children!

Lorraine said...

Your project is sooo beautiful! If only I could make those types of decorations! And I love the those little girl stamps!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Aw, these images are so sweet! and your creations are so pretty!
Great job :) TFS! margie

Unknown said...

kerry...these are just simply precious! great gift idea!

☼ Cheryl* said...

Awww, they are so cute and girly!

Tracey said...

Love these!! Awesome job Kerry!

Lisa H. said...

oh so sweet! I want a girl so I can make these for her room. great idea and totally fabulous!

Cindy Haffner said...

So darling Kerry I (heart) those colors.

Kim said...

I LOVE how you made them home decor projects Kerry! Awesome!!

Mendi M said...

Those are just precious!

Unknown said...

These are darling! So perfect for a little girl's room!

Unknown said...

love the PI fairy girl :)

Lauren said...

These are amazing Kerry. They are so cute and fun. Fabulous job chica.

AShu93 said...

Beautiful wall hangings for a little girl's room!

Julie Dinn said...

Wow! Kerry these are just gorgeous! You really spent a lot of time on these and it shows! Congratulations on doing such a fantastic job being a guest designer this month!

Michele Boyer said...

I LOVE these, Kerry! What a great idea to make little wall hangings! I really like the patterns and borders!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh, these are way too cute, Kerry! I am SO going to CASE this! I bet I have some of those canvases lying around - never would have thought to use them this way!!

Country Mouse said...

These are super cute!!! I am loving these images and you have really inspired me!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin