Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Preschool Valentines

Neither of my kids wanted to make their Valentines this year. At first I was sad, then I came to my senses and was happy! I couldn't just send Princess Valentines in by themselves though - so we decided to try out some molded crayons. The tray is actually a silicone ice cube tray from IKEA. We removed the wrappers, broke and cut up the crayons and stuck them in the oven. We had to use a low temperature (170 degrees) since we were using silicone instead of metal.


I found these Printable Valentines cards for attaching crayons online and used foam tape to attach the crayon. They were inserted into a Ziploc and we attached our "commercial" Princess Valentine to the front. They turned out super cute (but I'm a tad bit biased!).

5 comments:

Joanne B. said...

Ca-uuuuuute! What a fun idea!

Jamie said...

Kerry those are ADORABLE!!

Beeg said...

Love the idea, great job. Have a great scraping day

Rachel said...

These are Super Cute Kerry!!! fabulous job.
hugs,
Rachel

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Very fun idea and super cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin