Saturday 21 August 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge - Stars!

Hey friends! Happy Saturday! Saturdays are challenge day over on the Kraftin' Kimmie blog and I'm playing along for the rest of the month as a guest Krafty girl. This week's challenge is to brighten up your creation with stars!

I wanted to use a mermaid for my card, since so far I'd only inked up one! When I spotted the stars in Cordelia's hair, I knew it was meant to be (lol)! I paired her with some old Basic Grey paper cause it reminded me of a water reflection. I used the out of the box technique again with my Nestability for her fin, hair, and one of the shells in her hair. I covered her fins and tail with glitter, and added some liquid applique to the pearls in her hair. If you let it dry and don't heat it, it stays all pearl like!

Can you see my stars? I used these Sticky Stars, which are cut from redline adhesive, and adhered them to my patterned paper. I then covered them with clear glitter. I was going for understated, but I'm thinking they're a little too subtle.
They show up much better in real life!

I hope you'll play along over on the blog! If you use Kraftin' Kimmie stamps in your entry then you're eligible to win a free stamp. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, copics
Paper: MFT Perfect panel, Basic Grey Skate Shoppe, Soft Suede
Accessories: Nestabilities, MFT Die-Namics Oval Chain Border, MFT felt, Earth Girl Button, twine, Redline sticky stars, clear glitter, word window punch, clear rhinestone, ribbon, Sakura clear glaze pen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Kerry!!! And those stars are PERFECT!!! WOW! You've made yet another fab creation girl!

Jaymerz said...

Adorable Kerry!! I love the little stars.

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH she looks gorgeous, Kerry! Love the layout and that gorgeous border! And don't forget, Cordelia also has stars in her crown!! She's beautiful....thanks for being a Krafty Guest this weekend!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh wow, this is so CUTE!! Love the sparkle!!

Barbara said...

Just beautiful, Kerry! I love that shimmer on her tail and fins--perfect!

Jodi Collins said...

She is ADORABLE Kerry! LOVE how you used the out of the box technique and the glittery stars are SO fun!!!

Niki Estes said...

What a pretty card, Kerry!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin