Wednesday 5 March 2008

Another one bites the dust!

Another local rubber stamping store (LRSS) that is. My local store - The Ink Spot in Oakville announced last week that they were closing. Last year I also lost my favorite local scrapbook store (LSS) when it closed. Seems they're a dying breed and that makes me sad. They've both left a huge void for me. We have one other scrapbook store in the city where I live but they carry very few stamps and they have very bad customer service! Unless there's something I have to have, I try not to patronize their business. Anyway....I'm not sure what the point of sharing that was - except that it's bumming me out!


I made this card a little while ago for a friend's son who turned 1! The stamp set is from My Favorite Things and I think it's called Dino-mite! The papers are from the DCWV glitter stack and are all sparkly in real life! I think I made this card using one of the sketches in the MFT forum on Splitcoast stampers.

Bonus picture: Here we are on our first day at Disney - in front of the Magic Kingdom obviously!


Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like you had a blast at Disney!! And - it seems like LSS have trouble competing against the online industry - which is too bad -nothing like seeing in person something before you buy it!! I totally feel your pain!!

Rosella said...

Love your Disney picture! Isn't it just magic there? Love how magic just comes to life there.
I really like your card too. A really great bday card for a special little boy. Love the colors.
Sorry to hear about you losing your LSS. I like to see and hold things before I buy them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin