Wednesday 30 June 2010

Hot Water!

Happy Wednesday/Hump day to you friends! I had a chance to play along with this week's Mojo Monday sketch and this card was the result.

I've had this Lockhart tea bag stamp for a while but only used it a couple of times, so I decided to put it to use again with this new quote from a Stampin' Up set (from the Summer Mini). I paired the image with some October Afternoon Thrift Shop paper (actually I think there's also some Fly a Kite in there as well) and some yummy crochet ribbon from MFT. Loving this stuff - as you'll see in upcoming cards!
I did some stitching and added some brads and prima roses and called it quits. Looking at the card now, I could have scaled down the panels slightly as there's a lot of space around the images, but oh well!
I'm keeping this short as it's late and I have to take my son to get some teeth pulled tomorrow. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just darling! Love your cluster of roses. Thanks for playing Mojo!

Jenni said...

its so elegant!

Kathy Martin said...

Great card! Love the lace, flowers and sentiment! :)

Anonymous said...

Love how you used the crochet ribbon here too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin