Tuesday 11 January 2011

MFT January Creative Challenge

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy.  Our Design Team Creative Challenge will be a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme or product.  This month, we asked the team to get creative for Valentine's Day.  It's a great occasion to get crafty, and put your supplies to good use.  Are you ready to get some ideas for your Valentine's Day gifts?  Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of participants to see everything from cards to gift ideas and everything between.  

I decided to make a little something for my daughter.  We don't do a ton for Valentine's Day in terms of gifts, we're more about making heart shaped pancakes and cookies.  But there's always the requisite chocolate, and my daughter happens to love seasonal socks.  Halloween, Christmas, Easter - she's all about the themed socks.  So I decided to make a little box for the ones I picked up the other day using the new Sweet Surprise Gift Box template.  


I also made a little matching card - this one is 4.5" square.  I used one of the new Die-Namics Rosette dies (currently being restocked) and added a felt heart cut with the Hearts a Plenty die.


I finished the inside off with another heart from the die and a sentiment from the new More Essential Sentiments set.


I cut the box using my Cricut and covered it with various Doodlebug papers.  I made a belly band and added another felt heart cut with the Hearts a Plenty die and a Pure Innocence You Give Me Wings image.  I pieced her top and pants with more Doodlebug papers and covered her wings with glitter.  


The socks were a bit of a tight fit but because she's still got little feet, I managed to get them in there.  It definitely wouldn't fit an adult pair of socks.  This was super easy to cut out and put together using my Cricut. I love how easy I can make 3D items.  



My daughter will be tickled with her socks - trust me!  Hope this gives you some ideas - it doesn't have to be all about the chocolate (don't get me wrong - there will definitely be chocolate too).  I can't wait to go peek at what the rest of the designers have cooked up for you - so I'll meet you over there with my coffee!  Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

StampOwl said...

love it

Melody said...

So cute! Love the sock idea!

Inge Groot said...

What a sweet little gift, the rosette card is cute too! And those little socks *sigh*;-)

Kelli Hull said...

FUN!!! I actually gave Hailey socks last year for Christmas... she LOVED them they are those STUPID no show socks and had the toes in them too! UGH! I think that would FREAK ME OUT!!! BUT... at least they matched ;)

Unknown said...

How FUN that socks fit in there, cute! And I loooove your polka dotted rosette! gorgeous projects!

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

Michele Boyer said...

How adorable! I really must try one of those boxes! Love that you included socks! :)

Christina Fischer said...

Omgosh -- this is SO cute!! She'll LOVE it! :)

Barbara said...

So flippin' CUTE, Kerry!

Julie said...

Kerry, this is just adorable! Love that you put socks in the box! You are such a smartie!

Lisa H. said...

love your rosette! these are so cute.

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! I see you figured out the box. :) YAY

Jessie/knightrone said...

How completely cute and FUN!! Love this!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin