Saturday 28 June 2008

Cards and Stitches!

Sorry I haven't posted much this week. My dd (2.5 yrs. old) had a fall on Tuesday and ended up with 4 stitches in her forehead - we've all been a little distracted this week, and that meant no stamping time for me.
Good friends of ours are going to Disney in 10 days and their dd has her birthday right before their planned trip. In a remarkable moment of pre-planning, I picked up some Disney dollars when we were at Disney in Feb. (as you can't get them here in Canada) because I knew they would make a perfect birthday present. I needed a card to slip them into, so I made this. This particular friend is very much into Tinkerbell, so I used Dress-Up Lily and gave her sparkly wings and a wand (the ribbon on the front didn't look crooked in real life - maybe it's the angle??).
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I get to attend a stamping demo at my kind of local scrapbook store this afternoon and am really looking forward to it!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, I hope your daughter is okay!! That's so scary!

Soguesswhat11 said...

that is just PRECIOUS - the little princess on there is adorable. And I hope that your daughter recovers quickly. Blessings~

Marilyn said...

So sorry to hear about your daughter! Hope she has recovered! What a cute idea to make this into a birthday gift! Just a darling card - she's going to love it!!

Lauren said...

Sorry to here about your daughter - I hope she heals quick. That Disney Dollar card is super cute and too clever.

Lorraine said...

Stitches....ouch!
great money envelopes! I love the stitching on the sides. whenever i made these the money would fall out! LOL! great idea.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin