Sunday 1 June 2008

A Fabulous Weekend!

It's been such an amazing weekend and there's still a whole day left! On Friday I went with a group of friends to see Sex in the City - it was fabulous and exceeded my expectations (especially considering some of the reviews I'd read!). A new theatre opened near us and they have a "VIP room", where there is assigned seating, super comfy seats that recline with tons of leg room, and a waiter to take your concession order and bring it to your seat. It was SO worth the extra $5 we paid!

Last night hubby and I scheduled a babysitter and went out for a nice, long, lingering dinner out. It was such a change not having to rush out because of kids. Best of all we had gift certificates so our entire meal and drinks were all paid for.

Onto the card - I was browsing Kristina Werner's blog and found an old colour challenge as well as her ribbon weaving tutorial. I've never seen the weaving done with the satin ribbon, only the grosgrain, but wanted to try it. Other than that - it's pretty simple. A SU polka dot background stamp, SU ribbon and felt flower, and my swiss dots cuttlebug folder! Card size is 4&1/4" square. Hope you're also having a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your card....and I am soooo jealous that you had fabulous seats and a great time at Sex and the City! I can't wait to see it!

Rosella said...

What a great card! Love the ribbon weaving. YOu did a great job.
Sounds like you have a great weekend too. Good for you!!

jjcreations said...

Wow, this is gorgeous....I love the weaving. Joan

Marilyn said...

So glad you had a fabulous weekend!! This card turned out gorgeous - love the pomegranate ribbon you used with this!

Silke Ledlow said...

Kerry this looks gorgeous!!! I love how you have weaved the ribbon!!!

BTW - you won my Blog Candy - so stop on by and get it!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors on this - wonderful woven ribbon - the satin looks terrific! Congrats on winning Silke's blog candy! whoo-hoo!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin