Thursday 21 May 2009

Sketchy Ladybug!

I made this card last weekend during VSN over at Splitcoast. The challenge was to make a red and black card (and it was o.k. to use white as well!). Red and black always make me think of ladybugs, so I grabbed my Little Lady set from Papertrey. I pulled some old Basic Grey paper (Aged and Confused) and the red pattern paper is Scenic Route. I stamped the ladybug in Riding Hood red ink on shimmery white paper. I also pierced the trail, although you can't quite tell from the picture. I used Taylor's sketch challenge 68 for the layout although I think the panel was supposed to tuck under the scalloped edge - oh well!! I loved making these quick cards for VSN - 45 mins. was the limit to make your card. Having the sketch and colours chosen made it super fast!
It's beautiful here today! 29 degrees Celsius (about 85 degrees Fahrenheit). It finally feels like summer is around the corner! Enjoy your day my friends!!

2 comments:

Jaymerz said...

This card is adorable!! I have this set but just don't use it enough. I never thought about piercing the trail, I will have to give it a try.

Lauren said...

This is stunning! I love the combination of the patterns. Have a great weekend.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin