Tuesday 13 September 2011

MFT September Design Team Creative Challenge - No Colouring

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we're all putting down the markers, pencils and paints and sharing projects with No Coloring! Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

I have to admit that this challenge scared me a bit!  No colouring?  Really?  But I remembered seeing some of my fellow design team members emboss images in white other the last couple months and I figured it would work well for this challenge.  I used the tree from Inspired by Summer and stamped it in versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.  I stamped on some text paper for some visual interest.  The papers are all from My Mind's Eye and I matted my image on the Open Scallop Doily and embellished with the new Prima Donna Petals die.  


I stamped the inside with the tree in a light yellow and a sentiment from the new set All Smiles over top in Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  


I hope you enjoy seeing all the designer samples and that you'll play along with us!  I'll see you back here tomorrow for the MFT Wednesday sketch challenge.  



12 comments:

Melody said...

That tree is beautiful on the paper!! Just love the elegant feel of your card!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, this is fab! I love it! The tree on the script paper is amazing!

Lisa H. said...

soooo pretty! and I'm in denial about summer coming to an end, as well. Love fall, BUT hate winter!

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Kerry! I ADORE the tree embossed onto the patterned paper! FAB card!!

Karen Motz said...

The white tree on the text paper is really stunning!

Barbara said...

Really pretty, Kerry! Love that white tree on the text!

Lori Craig said...

Kerry - this is so pretty. I *love* the white embossing on the newsprint. I can't wait to try that...Beautiful!

Sherrie said...

Oh I adore this Kerry....the embossing over text paper is beautiful and modern at the same time! Great job!

Kim said...

I love the sentiment stamped in the tree Kerry!

Sarah Gough said...

ohhhh I LOVE the embossed tree over the text!

Megan said...

OH OH OH! I love this! The white on print is fabulous!

Jenny said...

Very pretty! Love the tree over the dp!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin