Thursday 30 August 2007

Teacher gift

I have a new friend who is returning to teaching this year after a break. I saw this idea on the 2peas board and modified it slightly to make it work. I love that line in the movie "You've got Mail" where they're talking about the fall and sending bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils. I remember feeling that way about school supplies too. Anyhow, this is what I made for her to go on her desk.

It's just a container from the dollar store which I glued floral foam into. I covered the 4 sides with paper and ribbon and added some Prima flowers. Then I stuck the pencils in, some tip up, some eraser up, then used the leaves to cover the foam. I think it turned out pretty cute. It cost me about $4 to make. I'm planning to make another for Riley's kindergarten teacher.

This is the card I made to go with it. Meet Changito - isn't he cute? I cuttlebugged the background with my spots and dots folder (still using my rolling pin!). I sewed the paper to the choc. chip cardstock and added eyelets around the sentiment. I thought the sentiment was appropriate for referring to back to school!

1 comment:

Joan said...

This is perfect!! Love that paper with the sentiment and monkey. Too cute.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin