Wednesday 7 April 2010

MFT Teasers - Clearly Sentimental About Babies

Today I have a project that uses Clearly Sentimental About Babies - a new set being released tonight by My Favorite Things. This is actually this month's Triple Scoop set, which means that you can't buy it yet, but you can get it free when you buy three full size sets (or six mini sets). It's full of all kinds of amazing sentiments, perfect for both the outsides and insides of cards.

I decided to make a little gift for a friend of mine who's expecting a baby girl. I used this template of Jody's and made a cupcake box.

I used some more Doodlebug paper and the matching Bazzill cardstock. I absolutely love this sentiment that I put on the lid of the box - it really resonates with me. I embellished with some K&Co. felt flowers.

Since I need to ship this gift, I obviously don't want to send a real cupcake. So I created some cupcakes out of baby socks. It took six pairs of socks to make these four cupcakes. I altered Jody's template slightly to make my insert fit 4 mini cupcakes, instead of 1 full sized.
Here's a final pic of the top and bottom together. Hope she likes it!
Don't forget that tonight is the night that all 15 sets are being released! Join us in the MFT forum on Splitcoast from 8-10pm EST for the release party and then shop away at 10pm! The Shop and Hop follows promptly at 10 pm EST and there is blog candy hidden along the way! Hope to see you there!

Kim will have direct links to all the designers previewing sets today after 11am EST on her blog. See you later tonight for the hop!

10 comments:

Tracey said...

What an adorable baby gift! This is fabulous Kerry!

Christina Fischer said...

SHUT UP! This is too cute, Kerry! :)

Barbara said...

Totally adorable gift and box, Kerry! Could NOT be any cuter!

Melody said...

This is so adorable! I will be casing this!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Kerry.

g said...

so sweet- what a lovely gift & such adorable 'cupcakes' too!!

Jana Weaver said...

Super cute!!! Love the rolled up little socks!!

Unknown said...

Wish I was havin' a baby so you'd send this to me! I love it!

Michele Boyer said...

Oh...I love this. That sentiment is SO sweet! Absolutely perfect packaging!

Megan said...

I'm going to assume this isn't for me, but if it's not, I'm NOT happy!! This is totally and completely darling. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin