Friday 30 April 2010

Sketchy Fred in Flight

I have this problem - I have more stamps than time! It's pretty serious, but a good problem to have!
Fred Bear is a new character for MFT that was introduced last month and I hadn't had time to ink him up before now. I used some more Basic Grey Origins paper and a layout from Taylor's sketch challenge.
I distressed the edges of each square and stamped the sentiment directly onto the patterned paper. There's a bit of hemp thread tied around the sentiment square as well. From the moment I saw this stamp I knew that the fuzzy parts of his jacket were screaming for liquid applique. I also used an old washcloth with some blender solution dabbed on Fred himself for the fur texture and his goggles and nose are covered with clear glaze pen.
Well friends - have a great Friday! We have a super busy weekend coming up so I'm off to get ready for it! Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!

Supplies:
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, copics
Paper: MFT Perfect Panel, Kraft, Basic Grey Origins, GP white
Accessories: Square punch, hemp thread, liquid applique, edge distressor, clear glaze pen, blender solution

10 comments:

havingfunwithpaper said...

Very cute card! Love the bear!

Megan said...

This coloring is stunning. Stunning, I tell ya.

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love this!

Elizabeth said...

Adorable image - I want to give him a cuddle! Beautiful card.

Michele Boyer said...

SO cute, Kerry! Fab paper and GREAT layout!!

Lauren said...

Super cute! The image and colors go SO well together.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't come and visited sooner...I am a bad blog friend! But I am so glad I did to see this one...OMG, it rocks girlfriend! I love sketches like this!

Taylor said...

Oh how fun! Thanks for playing the TE sketch challenge!

Unknown said...

Kerry, I just LOVE this card. Fred looks so sweet with all that fuzzy!

Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

Chris said...

Kerry,
This is so cute, I love all those papers, they remind me of a cozy quilt and you coloring on Fred is incredible.
Congrats on being a pick of the week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin