Thursday 29 January 2009

A Cupcake Kind of Day!

I have been struggling with this card for almost a week! Hard to believe since it's pretty basic, but what can I say - I like to make things more difficult than they should be! This card was for the MFT Sketch challenge over at SCS. It turned out o.k. but I'm not thrilled with the green strip across the top. I was looking through my card stash the other day and realized that I have almost no male birthday cards, so I tried to keep this one a little more masculine (just ignore the pink and purple polka dots on the patterned paper!). The cupcake top was stamped out a second time, cut out, and raised up on dimensionals. I used my Making Memories slot punch tool to make the slits for the ribbon.
Can I just tell you that I'm sick of shoveling? I am so ready for spring - and it's only January!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Great card Kerry! I love the polka dot paper cut with the Top Note. It's super cute.

Velta said...

Kerry this card is so whimsical! I love these new nesties and this one works perfect for your card :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin