Tuesday 14 July 2009

Top Note Rag Quilt


Here's another Stampin Up only card I made last week. I've been seeing all these incredible quilt cards and wanted to try my hand. Not sure if you remember this card - where I made a rag quilt for my card - so I decided to try it again for this technique. I used a square punch to make my squares and then used the distressing tool to rough up all 4 edges. I then adhered them to another piece of cardstock butting them up so they were touching. I then ran my completed piece through my Cuttlebug with the top note die and distressed around the edges of the shape as well. The cardstock doesn't distress nearly as well as the designer series paper, but I didn't have any current paper to use. It still looks good though - although most of the texture is lost in the picture.

Well we had a busy weekend - hubby and I were away in Portland, OR while my mother in law stayed with our kids. It was packed full of great times though. Hope you're having a great week! Later taters!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry. Found your blog on the Canadian Bloggers on SCS and glad that I did ! I haven't attempted a quilt card yet but would like too in the near future. What better way to get rid of some of those scraps. Yours looks great! Thanks for the inspiration! - Tracy -

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin