Tuesday 3 November 2009

Hip Hop Snowmen!

This is my entry for week 4 of MFT's So You Think You Can Stamp contest. I'm still hoping for one of those remaining spots so I can compete in the final week's competition. This week's theme was hip hop. I decided to go less literal with this week's theme and just be inspired by hip hop music, attire, and artists.

For the main portion of my card I decided to use the stained glass technique - to represent all the bling. I embossed my image with gold embossing powder on acetate. Remember all those big gold necklaces and earrings of the 80's? I then filled the reverse of the image with Crystal effects and added 3 different colours of glitter - crystal, aqua, and peridot. I did each colour separately so they wouldn't mix.
This side panels were stamped using the In the Background set. Lots of blue to represent denim. Then I used some gold ribbon and made a gold ribbon rose/medallion and used it as part of my sentiment. I "popped" the image up on dimensionals since popping is part of hip hop. I used the sentiment "Joy" cause I was thinking of that song Joy and Pain by Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock - another hip hop song from the 80's.

I decided to make my card into a cd holder as I wanted to send some Christmas music to my niece and nephew. So I made a pocket to "lock"the cd into place. "Locking" is another big part of hip hop.

All in all a super fun challenge! Hope you're having a good beginning to your week!

5 comments:

Melody said...

I LOVE this! I am rooting for You! I love that stained glass look!

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

This is a great idea Kerry. I love CD holder. Would be great to use to send photos of kids to the family.

Nice work again.

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Kerry! I love it!!

Sara Henton said...

I'm still trying to figure out how you did this stained glass!! It's awesome

Rosella said...

WOW! This is incredibly creative Kerry!! Love all the glimmer! Fantastic!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin