Monday 1 March 2010

Whew - Birthday Party Craziness!

Whew! We survived the craziness of what was my daughter's 4th birthday! I won't bore you with all the details, but wanted to share a couple of things! Our theme was Strawberry Shortcake - since we're currently obsessed! The decorations turned out awesome! I found a pack of Martha Stewart tissue pom poms on clearance at Michaels in red and pink - perfect!! They were super easy to put together and made a huge impact.

Part of my daughter's gift (and bonus that I could use it as decor as well!) was this play food that I sewed. I bought the pattern from Etsy and am so tickled with how it turned out. I would call myself a very beginning sewer, so if I can do it..... My good friend Becky helped me to hand sew the cake shut and also answered a whole slew of questions for me - thanks B!

The icing is removable - here's the cake without! In fact, it looks pretty similar to our real cake!

This is the only picture I have of the actual, edible cake. This was before we decked it out with strawberries and candles. It was a jell-o poke cake and was super yummy!

Thanks for letting me share! Hope to be back with some stamping soon!

4 comments:

Melody said...

How fun! Your daughter much have felt so special.

Unknown said...

So CUTE! You're awesome!

Laural Dawn said...

Adorable.
And... if you are a "beginning" sewer - I'm not sure what you'd call me! (hopeless??? LOL)
Hope her birthday was fabulous.
I heard from Miss Paige that it was.

Chris said...

you did a fabulous job on the sewing, that cake is so cool, I know your daughter had to love it.'
The real cake looks yummy too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin