Wednesday 31 October 2007

Opinions needed!

I'm going to a huge baby shower on Sunday afternoon and wanted to bring a little gift. It's for our children's pastor and seeing as all of her volunteers and home church members are invited, I'll be one of many. I decided to make a set of thank you notes. I'm always a little unsure of giving thank you notes - it seems a little presumptuous to me, but they're always really appreciated so I'm going with them. So here's my dilemma - I really like the way this card turned out - but I did something that I don't normally do. Usually I make a card front and adhere it to a piece of cardstock that I score and make into a card. In this case, I wanted to use the card itself as part of the design and I wanted to sew the panel on. So the inside of the card shows the backside of the stitching. I kind of like the look, but my hubby didn't. What do you think? Be honest! Is it o.k. that the stitching is showing or not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my card! Too nice. As for the stitching on the back. I don't normally like anything to show through. But -- in this case, I think it works if you can stamp something inside the back so the stitching looks like you meant to have a border there.

The card is adorable and of course my suggestion means more work!

Anonymous said...

At first I really did not like the stitching inside but, I do like Joan B's idea of stamping the inside!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin