Friday 8 May 2009

MFT Mother's Day

I had time this week to play along in the MFT Idol judges challenge. We were to use pink and brown and the theme of inspirational women. Well there's no one more inspiring to me than my mother, so I decided to make her a card and a cup cozy. We love going to Starbucks when we get together and she always orders an extra hot latte, so this is practical as well!

The card was made using Papertrey's Berry sorbet paper and ink, which happened to match the fabric I had chosen. I used the same fabric to "paper piece" the dress so that the card matches the cozy. The sentiment reads "Wherever I go" and the inside reads "You're always with me, Happy Mother's Day".
I made the cup cozy using felt and assorted fabrics. I stamped my mom's name on muslin and used some instructions I found online to sew it all together.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day!! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Jaymerz said...

This is so adorable Kerry, I love it!!

Tonje said...

Gosh, you are so creative! I love the card and the cup cozy!

Shellie Munro said...

Great Idea I love this!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin