Sunday 24 May 2009

Quilted Comfort

This is a card I made for VSN last weekend on Splitcoast. The challenge was to use a grid technique as well as sponging on your card. I decided to use my Quilter's Sampler set from PTI and simply stamped various quilt blocks on SU's Parisian Breeze paper and punched them out with a square punch. I arranged them randomly and adhered them to a piece of cardstock. I sponged around the entire block as well as around the entire card. I love that this card looks labour intensive, but took less than 45 mins. to make.
Happy Memorial Day weekend to my American friends - hope you're having a wonderful holiday! We've had a busy weekend of yard work, bike riding, a bit of shopping, and lots of family time. Talk to you later taters!!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Love the quilt and the nice color combo. I have this set. Need to pull it out!

Bananastamper said...

Oh, I love this! It's gorgeous, and has such a country homey feel - make me want to curl up with a book under a cozy quilt!

Shanna

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin