Tuesday 19 May 2009

Polka Dots Gone Wild!!

So MFT has changed up their new releases a little and their ambassador challenges now occur before the release. My friend (and fellow canuck) Julie is hosting these challenges over in the MFT forum on Splitcoast. This month's challenge was to use lots of polka dots and there are definitely lots of polka dots on this card! One of my good friends just got given a laptop and is over the moon excited. It's been a while since I've sent her a card, so I wanted to go with this image because it's exactly what she'll look like with her new laptop!!
I paper pieced the entire image. And when I say paper pieced - I did it the "Joanne" way - making sure all the layers sit on top of each other in the right order. Sometimes I'm lazy and would put the layers on top of the image and not worry that the legs were on a layer lower than the couch. But I heard Joanne in the back of my mind and even paper pieced the arms and legs! I thought about giving the girl chicken pox - but that was taking the polka dots just a touch too far (even to me!).

Hope you're having a great week so far! Later taters!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is PERFECTLY PIECED! We must be on the same wavelength because I just used this paper pack last night!

Aren't you so glad you listened to my little voice in your head because this is GORGEOUS! (giggle!)

Jaymerz said...

So cute Kerry!! I love the wall paper, I am drooling, haha.

Lauren said...

Fabulous card. I love the paper you used for the wall paper and the combination of the ribbons.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin