Thursday 12 August 2010

MFT Greatest Hits

If you're looking for my Paper Romance challenge card, click HERE or scroll down!

Hey all! Two posts in one day? Can you believe it? Well today is Greatest Hits day at MFT and when I heard that we were using the Clearly Sentimental line, I had to join in. I am loving these sentiment sets and reach for them often. They're perfect for both the insides and outsides of cards. Be sure to check in at Kim's blog at 11am EST for a list of all the designers sharing projects today.

I decided to go clean and simple with my card and let the sentiment stand on its own. This particular verse is from Clearly Sentimental about Mothers but I love that it can be used for anyone.

I used a Fossil notecard and created a rainbow from a bunch of different colors of MFT felt. Can you guess how I created the rainbow? Here's a hint - it was super quick.
I actually used the Die-Namics Rolled Flower Die and cut off the outer circle of each color. They nested together perfectly. I covered the ends with some clouds I cut using more MFT felt and the Cloud Trio die. The button is from the Earth Girl collection and I just threaded it with some linen thread.


To celebrate Greatest Hits day, Kim has a special offer. Since you'll *need* a couple of your very own Clearly Sentimental sets, we're offering a full sized Clearly Sentimental set to you for only $10 with an order of $30 or greater.

After selecting the
Clearly Sentimental set of your choice, and other items to total greater than $30, enter code CSPROMO at checkout to save $5.95! This offer is good until midnight Friday so go quick!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you tomorrow for a Kraftin' Kimmie sneak peek! Oops - did I forget to mention that I'm a guest Krafty girl this month? How lucky am I? Check it out here and see who's joining me this month!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, kerry...LOVE this rainbow card! ingenious use of felt...awesome job! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS idea Kerry, your card is PERFECT!

wendyp said...

how creative and cute!!!

Jennifer Roach said...

Ohhhh, that rainbow is totally AMAZING Kerry!!

Katie Skiff said...

Omigosh, I thought She cut out those strips perfectly! GREAT idea!

Allison Rankin said...

OMG...love this...want this. And that rainbow is freaking inspired. You're killing me!

Erin Smetak said...

Oh my gosh, Kerry! How brilliant are you?! What an awesome idea!!!! Ok, now I HAVE to get that die!!!! LOL! Fabulous card!!! I didn't know MFT had all those colors of felt!!! Jeez, I'm missin' out!!!

Lisa H. said...

SHUT UP! that rainbow is freakin' amazing and clever and brilliant. gonna try this for sure! great work.

Barbara said...

What Lisa said!!! Too creative for words, Kerry! Love the CAS look, too!

Jennifer said...

ADORABLE!! Love the rainbow and sentiment!! Great card!! (=

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Kerry!! That rainbow is AMAZING and I LOVE the sentiment you used!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh girl!! You are SO dang clever!! Love this!!

Michele Boyer said...

How clever to use that die to make a rainbow!!!! WOW! And it looks amazing!

Kim said...

SO stinkin' clever!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, super idea Kerry! And your sentiment DOES stand out on it's own....totally right! Love that little button too- matches perfectly!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin