Monday 18 June 2007

Group Card for Riley's Teacher



Sorry I didn't post over the weekend. I have been trying to finish the favours for our barbecue this coming Saturday and so haven't stamped anything new. Today I was under the gun to create a card for Riley's teacher - Miss Williams. A whole bunch of parents (well 11 anyways) chipped in together to buy her a spa gift certificate as an end of year gift and I volunteered to take care of the card. I am feeling a little exposed/wary as I hope that they feel it measures up to a store bought card. I cased this card by cathymac from SCS and I think it turned out pretty cute (but is nothing compared to the original!). I made it a 6x6 gate fold card so that all 11 students have room to write their names (hopefully). The orange circle on the outside reads "School's Out" and the verse inside says "Thanks and Best Fishes!"

Oh and I used my cuttlebug folders for the embossing of the swirls and the dots. But I don't have the actual cuttlebug machine - I got a fantastic tip off of SCS that you can use the embossing folders by spritzing both sides of the paper with water, and then using a rolling pin to apply pressure (in lieu of the actual machine). Genius!! I know eventually I want the machine, but for now I can spend that $60 on lots of stuff! The embossing folders are only about $6 each if you use a Michael's coupon.

1 comment:

sophia landry said...

This is very cute! I love the school of fishes facing the teacher fish. Great job on this!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin