Wednesday 2 January 2008

Happy New Year!!

Wow - hard to believe it's 2008! We had a busy Christmas and New Year's and are happy to be getting back into routine again. Although my son doesn't return to school until next week, I have him signed up for camp every morning for the rest of the week. Yesterday I was able to take down all of my Christmas decorations and pack them away until next year. It feels good to be off to a clean start!
This is another gift that I made for Christmas. I made two of these, one for each of my brothers. When I moved out, I sat down ahead of time and copied out all of my mom's favorite recipes. I use so many of them still! I knew my brothers hadn't done this and I wanted them to have some of their faves as well as some of my faves. These flip albums were originally red and white checked - not quite the style I had in mind. I covered them with this awesome Creative Imaginations paper called Sweet Tooth. I thought it was "manly" enough for my brothers!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

UrgentCookie said...

Happy 2008! Your recipe book is great!

laos348 said...

I love the look of these! Happy New Year!

Rosella said...

What a great gift Kerry! Hope you have a wonderful 2008!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute...and what a great gift! I bought a couple of those a while back, and had really good intentions. Somehow I haven't gotten there yet!

Niki Estes said...

Very nice! I love how it turned out!

Anonymous said...

where did you get this book? love them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin