Tuesday 8 January 2008

I caved.....sort of!

Well, I did it! I caved.....sort of! I purchased some copics. I own one Stampin' Up marker, 6 Tombows, and that's about it. I decided that for my cards that I sell, I needed a quicker colouring method than either prismas & gamsol, or blender pens and re-inkers, or a water pen and re-inkers. One of the better art stores in Toronto (http://www.currys.com/) just opened a location nearby in Oakville and they carry the Ciao's. I decided to purchase a couple - especially a skin tone marker for the Bellas and MFT stamps that I love. I have to say, that they are really nice! Because I only bought the 5 so far, I haven't really tried to blend or shade with them, just layering the same colour - but I hope to slowly accumulate more so I can practice.

I don't have a card coloured with them - yet! But I do have this one to show you. Let me preface this card by saying that I'm not in love with it. It had great potential, but I fell short in the execution.

I did have fun with it though! I flocked the brown border around the pink bathmat - it's all fuzzy! I covered the tub and the mirror with Crystal effects and while it was still wet, I sprinkled Martha Stewart fine glitter over the mirror to make it sparkly. The image panel itself is super pretty - but the layout is forced. I was trying to do the sketch challenge at SCS, and should have abandoned it - but I'm stubborn!

Oh and I've been reading this book! It's awesome! I highly recommend it!


Anyway, thanks for looking. Sorry for the lapse in posting over the last couple days. We are dealing with health issues with all three sets of our parents and it is taxing me. I'm off to my stamp club tonight and we're going to a Toronto Raptors game tomorrow for hubby's birthday. I'll post sometime in between!

3 comments:

JazzyH said...

Those markers are wonderful. You will have fun with them and then you will want to get more. lol!!!!

UrgentCookie said...

Great job! I think I might have to invest in some of those copics. ;0)

Michelle said...

Wonderful coloring with the copics. I've been slapping my hands to keep from ordering some. Dang it. Your card is adorable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin