Tuesday 7 September 2010

Back to School Happenings!

Hey all! Today is the first day of school for our district and I saw my son go off to his new school this year. After two years of French immersion we decided it just wasn't for him and have returned him to his neighborhood school. He's super excited but also a tad bit nervous.

Ever since I saw Christina's bag tag, I knew that I wanted to make them for my kids as well. I used Wyatt and His Wagon and stamped him on a cream Perfect Panel. I cut him out and put him on some Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride paper. Some twill and an Earth Girl button rounds out this tag. I used a binder clip to attach it to his bag - ribbon might be a bit girly?!

I also decided to make a quick card for his teacher. My son has a very distinct learning style and I generally try and schedule a meeting in the first couple weeks of school to discuss it. I used some Papertrey goodies that I picked up at CHA as well as some Earth Girl felt cut with the Open Scallop Border die.
And finally, here's a pic of my kids this morning. My daughter is on gradual entry until next Friday, but she had her first visit this morning as well.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Your children are adorable. Love the picture on the stoop. Your cards are fabulous too!

Lesley Langdon said...

Oh I want one of those tags!! They're priceless! Cute pic of the kids. Matthew was really nervous today,and had a wonderful day. I like your couch card too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute tag, and your kids are cuties, too!!

Melody said...

Ahh Kerry your kids are so cute! The tag is so cute and the card to the teacher is perfect with the couch!

Barbara said...

Fabulous tag AND card, Kerry! And your kiddos are adorable!!

Kathy Martin said...

Great cards! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin