Thursday 9 September 2010

Paper Romance Challenge - Clean & Simple

Hey all! I'm back today with the first of 2 posts! Today is challenge day over at the Paper Romance Challenge blog and Lori has challenged us to make a clean and simple card.

Tough one for me! I decided to ink up Halloween Miles & Maisie and in the spirit of keeping it simple, colored them monochromatically. Every since I saw Leigh's card HERE, I've been wanting to give it a try. I stamped it on Kraft paper and used C00, C0, C1, C3, C5 & C7 copics for the entire image. I also did some shading with a white prismacolor pencil as well as a French Grey 70% pencil and blended them with Gamsol. I'm so tickled with the result!

The papers are Basic Grey Eerie and I added some rub-on stitches. The layout is from Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge and just seemed perfect for CAS!

I hope you'll come play along with us over on the challenge blog! If you link your card over there you'll be entered to win a $5 gift certificate! Have a great day friends!

5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Kerry this is so DARLING!!!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card this is, Kerry! Love this! hugs, Angela

Lori said...

Adorable! Love the look of the monochromatic image on the kraft panel.

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Wow! This is very cool, Kerry!

LeAnne said...

LOL, I couldn't tell what this image was from the thumbnail....when I clicked on it, I cracked up! What a cute image and great card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin