Wednesday 29 September 2010

MFT Digital Designs Release Day!

Hey everyone! Today MFT is releasing a bunch of new digital products. There are 4 new templates and a new digi paper pack. They are:


The template files come in several different formats for many different machines. And I must admit that all those SVG and GSD references are all greek to me! I've not yet invested in an electronic cutter, although I'm sorely tempted.

For my project today, I used the traditional cut and print version of the Birdhouse Template that was actually designed by the oh so talented, and super clever Barbara Anders.

And because I'm still head over heels in love with the Miss You A Latte à la Mode, I decided to make her the star of my project. Because really, this for me is the happiest place on earth! Now don't get me wrong - I'm a big Disney fan too, but I can't go to Disney World everyday. I can however, visit my favorite Baristas as often as I please (lately at least 3 times a week)! So instead of cutting an opening in my birdhouse, I cut some cardstock to make a door and rummaged through my recycling bin for a coffee sleeve. I cut the logo out and used it for my sign.

I also used the Halloween Dotty papers - I printed out the green version and cut it with the Die-Namics Jumbo Scallop die to make the shingles on my roof. Barbara has great tips, tricks, and ideas in her instructions and this was one of her suggestions.

And lookie! I was so pleased to discover that a half pound bag of coffee fits perfectly inside my own personal Starbucks! I used chipboard covered with cardstock for the bottom of my house so that it could support the weight of the bag.

Well , that's it for me! I'm off to make myself another cup of coffee. You should grab your coffee and head over to Kim's blog at 11am EST where she'll have links to all the designers who have digital projects to show you today. I've seen some peeks and trust me when I say that they are fantabulous! Later taters!

15 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

LOL!! This is AWESOME, Kerry!! That's MY kinda birdhouse! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS idea Kerry!

Barbara said...

Oh, My. Word! I have a lot of ideas for this bird house but not one of them is a Starbucks! Girl, this is totally AWESOME! What genius!!!

Amanda said...

Cute and cleaver, I love it!! :)

Lou said...

Hi!Oh Wow this is so so amazing,what a great idea and i totally love it.
hugs Lou.xx

Jennifer said...

WOW!! This is just TOO CUTE!! I just received this stamp set and I LOVE it!!! (=

Melody said...

OMG!!! I love this Kerry! You are so clever!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

EEEK! CUTEST. Thing. EVER!!! Love this, Kerry! :)

StampOwl said...

Wow wow wow this is awesome Kerry

Kathy Martin said...

LOL Super gift idea! I LOVE it! :)

Lisa H. said...

you get a big ol' SHUT UP! this is a fabby idea....love your house, and that à la mode is just the best! love it, Kerry!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! I'm picking up the stamp today but was wondering what green Copics you used for the SB label on the cups... I'm new to Copics, so I'll need to pick them up too. :) Thanks for sharing!

Jana Weaver said...

OMG - this is BRILLIANT!!! I LOVE it (as does my little guy - since he's even more addicted to sbux than I am!!) Guess i gotta go download that template now! ;-)

Michele Boyer said...

GASP! I LOVE your Starbucks house! That is FABULOUS!! (Can I live there?)

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh my gosh Kerry!! This is just way too funny & cute!!! I love Starbucks! Never would have thought to turn a birdhouse into a coffee house.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin